THE TRENDSETTER

Ever since I watched the movie Malayalam Movie Aanandham,the one thing that made me emotional was the scene at Chapora Fort - the same place where 'Dil Chahta Hai' was also shot.And I did watch the same again.


Many had asked me why I have so hatred towards Bollywood movies.
I DONT  really hate Bollywood  but the thing is I dont appreciate most of thethem because of their story structure.And good movies are often disregarded, I might justify this in my future post.


DIL CHAHTA HAI - The Mother of all Feel good Bollywood Movies.





I am definetly not going to describe the whole story.Obvious Reasons!
But few things I am fond about.


I feel the factor which contributed to the huge success of the movie was mainly the theme which revolved around youth and friendship.  
Way back when we all were still used to watching clichéd Bollywood movies ,with  characters which no one could relate to, Farhan Akhtar(then a newbie),the raconteur introduced us to Akash (Aamir Khan),Sameer (Saif Ali Khan) and Siddharth (Akshay Khanna) ,the three lead characters who expressed all the characteristics that somehow everyone could personally  connect with . The songs by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy broke the standard soundscapes in movies,Goa which is again very close to youth.Also a  very strong story line which had a fusion of drama, comedy and emotions.
Before that i dont remember any movie was made ith so much perfections.



The above shot has turned the little known Chapora Fort into a tourist destination, The “Dil Chahta Hai” fort.This has become a bucket list for all the youths who visit Goa and pose like in the image. Three friends enjoying times together, also independant with their own personal spaces. This movie had a lot of never seen before innovative camera work,.Its these kind of camera angles, that takes the movie to a whole different level.(I know am insane ,I do notice these kind of stuffs:P)

Few Things to take back from this movie...


Even though you may be the best of friends there is always a limit which should never be crossed.

 

Freaking out and enjoying life doesnt always need drugs or cigarettes.






A best friend is the one who can sit on a porch and swing with never say a word, and then walk away with a feeling like it was the best conversation you ever had.(WhatsApp Forward)




Image Courtesy : Google Images

I must admit that this is certainly one of the best and most entertaining films I have ever seen.


Follow Me here for no reason :p
Instagram : Rintu Thomas
Twitter : Rintu Thomas

To the Love That’s Still a Stranger

I haven’t met you yet (or maybe I have?), and I am not sure how this will all begin. I am not the most outgoing guy, so if we do meet, it m...